Thursday, 8 February 2007

Blackwork Hand

After hours of stitching on waste canvas my handstitched hand page has turned from this -


into this -


Its not perfect. I messed up the pattern (can you spot where?) and some of the stitches have distorted when I removed the waste canvas (a nerve wracking experience) but I like it.

Not quite subversive but a little rebellious....

I intend to add a separate page before this page. A white transparent fabric or paper with a white stitched grid.

And obviously even more stitching on the hand page itself.

3 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Great work on the stitched hand. It must have taken forever! Congrats on getting some craft space back for yourself - it makes all the difference :)

English Rose said...

Oooh, I like this, very nice.

Nat said...

Hi, this work convices me to try blackwork! I can't see where the pattern turned wrong, it is not detectable for a non-pro...
Congratulations for your creativity!
You can come and see my blog and look at the pictures, even if you can't speak french...
From Montpellier, France

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...