Saturday, 27 December 2008

Cardboard kitchen - finished!

I was still painting and gluing at 11pm on Christmas Eve but it was all finished and secure by the time Toddler Girl came downstairs on Christmas morning.

The oven door is still abit wonky, but the velcro works well. It only catches a little so she can open and close the door with minimal effort. I was abit worried that she could pull the whole door off trying to open it.

It has so far survived a very large water spill - inside the oven and all around the sink.

I will need to seal the edges of the hole I cut for the 'sink' as any water spillage will weaken the exposed cardboard. I'm also not sure how long the cardboard hinge will last on the oven door.

But so far so good....

The big test will come when she makes 'cakes' using all the new cooking equipment she got for Christmas...

1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh My Goodness! You really outdid yourself -- and even with dishes. I can hardly wait to read the next posts to see how your daughter likes her kitchen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...