Thursday, 11 December 2008

Cardboard kitchen - update

The cardboard kitchen has been taking up most of my creative time. That and another cold and a Toddler Girl who no longer takes an afternoon nap no matter how tired she is. Oh, and online Christmas shopping and now wrapping....

So, its white...

I have decided to place the hob knobs on top of the cooker and just place the oven knob on the front panel.

I hummed and hawed over whether to fit a sink. I tried a round deep pie tin but was unconvinced. Then I tried a square cake tin and it looked better. I am worried I have limited the work surface space but as Karen, the professional artist, pointed out she can still make stuff in the 'sink'.

so...

I have started the oven door. I have cut a window and will fit a clear plastic 'window' (a poly pocket!) I think I will use cardboard to make a hinge and I need to fit some velcro to keep it up.

I started to make a little curtain for under the sink, but I found some cupcake tea towels in Woolworths (I will really miss it when its gone) and I have used half a tea towel to make a curtain and also as inspiration for the decoration...

I also used some paper string to make hob plates and then painted them black.

so...

a close up of the cupcake shelf...


So...

Still to do
  1. finish oven door by fitting window, hinges and painting inside white and securing
  2. paint hob knobs green and oven knob green and fit (allowing for turning!)
  3. glue down hob plates
  4. secure blue taps and add H for Hot and C for Cold
  5. paint cupcake shelf
  6. create a utensils tin in matching colour scheme
  7. add tea towel holder
  8. think about a clock?
  9. add further decoration... panels of colour or flowers...

2 comments:

Debra said...

What a very wonderful kitchen for a little toddler girl! I am sure you will be the Best Mommy ever when she sees it.

ANNA said...

looking good!! When we made a kitchen (not cardboard0 for my now 21 year old daughter we bought cheap taps from a hardware store. THey had a selection of old style taps that were discontinued on sale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...