Sunday, 14 December 2008

Stitch Explorer 2009

Sharon B's new challenge... Stitch Explorer 2009. Starts January 15th.

I have signed up. I'm not sure I'll manage all, most or even any of the challenges but I'll have a go...

"Each month on the 15th of the month I will post details of either a slightly unusual or lesser known stitch, or a style of embroidery. Please note I will be looking at embroidery styles as well as stitches. Sometimes it will be both. Sometimes it will be one or the other.

I think anyone who did or watched TAST quickly realised that although a stitch can be worked in a traditional manner if you look at the structure of the stitch and its use the stitch can be changed completely. Looking at how a stitch is constructed and adapting that makes for some interesting discoveries. The same holds true when we look at different embroidery styles. Looking at how and why a style might be worked in a particular manner and investigating that, makes many styles more versatile than people realise.

Each month I will provide readers with enough information to enable them to explore, investigate and or adapt the stitch or style. Readers can use the challenge stitch or style on any project they choose. This means people can adapt the challenge to their needs. "

I'm interested to see what Sharon presents and how it is interpreted...

I didn't manage any of the 2008 challenge. I had intended to use her monthly 'prompts' in a visual journal but I didn't find the time...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...