Friday, 6 February 2009

Stitch Explorer 2009 - Chicken Scratch

Sharon B's challenge for 2009 is Stitch Explorer where you explore a stitch or style. Her first style is Chicken Scratch.

I haven't done any stitching yet but I did photocopy some gingham and pasted it into my sketchbook, and I did some doodling...


I think I'll also try some polka dots as a background.

I'll hopefully get some stitching done in the next week...

I like the optical illusion that happens when you doodle on the squares. It makes the squares appear darker, even though they are the same colour as the surrounding squares.

Another version of chicken scratch is of course illegible handwriting...

2 comments:

RuthP said...

What a great idea to photocopy gingham and draw out some possibilities.

neki desu said...

thank you,thank you for this idea!
i haven't even started working on it as i feel a bit daunted but you've made it easier for me

neki desu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...