Sunday, 15 March 2009

I do have stuff to write about...

but its all jumbled up in my head...

I need to get some order:-

Self Portrait - found my stuff from this unfinished project and I think I need to document it on here... Later though, because it will be a long post.


Garden planning, watched How to be a Gardener on UKTV on Saturday night (whilst knitting) and really liked Mr Titchmarsh's border designs... He started with a front elevation and then did a birds eye view... and I liked his simple methodology.

ArtFire.com - followed a link from Sharon B's Pin Tangle and liked the $7/month offer for life with no other fees. I have nothing to sell yet but I think its a great offer to get into something big when it is first starting out... http://evielyn.artfire.com. Evielyn is a derivative of my Mums name. I first started using it in 2002 when I started making and selling handstitched cards. I'm sure its not good having so many different names in blogland but I still shy about plastering my own name everywhere. I know its out there in the world wide web but I'm not branded...


A cone of wool... At stitching group on Tuesday, Karen (the Professional Artist) laid out all the yarn that had been donated to the group by a very kind lady in the village. I took some thick wool and some baby white wool. I hope to use them in projects for the Sea Queen Day in June (none of which are on my original project list). I also took a cone of blue 'tweedy' like wool (I think its wool). Its very thin... perhaps 2 ply. I need to experiment with it... knit some swatches, wash it, double it up and hopefully knit Toddler Girl something nice...


I definitely need to be able to wash it... its a little bit musty. But despite the dust, it is a lovely colour.

I also have an idea for more backside stitching... more on that later, too.


Lots to think about...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...