Thursday, 9 July 2009

Beginning Embroidery

Despite the fact I have lots of projects and ideas in my head, and lots of projects and ideas half started and nearly finished I have signed up for another Joggles class.

Having stalled I needed something to focus on and a short 4 week embroidery course seemed perfect.

(ignore the fact I have yet to 'finish' 3 of the other Joggles classes - see here, here and here)

So... I'm 'doing' Susan Sorrell's Beginning Embroidery class.

Its in 4 parts. First we create a background then we apply straight stitches, looped stitches and
fancy stitches. Susan has suggested using the art of Joan Miro as inspiration for the stitch patterns.

These are a few of my favourite images...



Here are my sketchbook doodles...


I especially like this arrangement...

Now to the fabric...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...