Friday, 11 December 2009

Knitting - Twist Fibre Craft

My friend Karen (the Professional Artist) and I finally sorted out childcare and visited Twist Fibre Craft in Newburgh, Fife.

There are so few 'fancy' wool shops (and certainly within bus travel for me) that this was a real treat.

I made a few purchases (I sold some crafty books and bits and bods to pay for it - "one thing in, one thing out")

a beautiful hank of Colinette Art

some handmade felt

and some buttons


The shop was lovely with a selection of Noro, Colinette, Rowan, a little Debbie Bliss etc. A good selection of sock wool, books and accessories.

I particularly liked the hand knitted accessories they displayed amongst the wool, suggesting what could be knitted and how...

It did cater for a certain taste in knitted garments and there was perhaps a lack of everyday yarns and colours...

but overall well worth the 90 minute round trip!

1 comment:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Mmmmmm....I love that shop. Your purchases are beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog too. Next time you come to Twist, sneak along to Ladybank for a coffee : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...