Saturday, 27 February 2010

Knitting - Poppy

 

Her eyes are smiling! 
I have tried several times to stitch a smile but I just haven't been able to get the expression right...  I will keep trying...




 

I added bunches and bobbles (I couldn't get decent photos of them!)

She's taller than the pattern suggests at 14.5".  I used acrylic yarn and I think my knitting was a bit loose in parts... her legs are quite chunky and the stitches at the neck are quite open.

I think she turned out really well!  I would highly recommend Ysolda Teague's pattern from Whimsical Little Knits.

1 comment:

kay susan said...

Fiona, thank you for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. I use a long fly stitch with a short 'stalk' to put the smile on my Stanley dolls:

http://smockerydolls.blogspot.com

In the July archive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...