Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Knitting - Shawl

**Ravelry links for patterns**

I am currently thinking (obsessing) about knitting myself a shawl.

I have a large cone of laceweight blue yarn which I could use.

Now, after an exhaustive Ravelry search for a shawl that suits a non shawl wearing novice lace knitter, I have narrowed it down to Azzu's Shawl

However I have now (wisely) decided NOT to make do with my unknown yarn and instead treat myself (birthday in 10 days!) to a hand dyed hank from a UK indie dyer.

I've come across several in research for this venture and I wish I could see these yarns in reality without relying on product description.

I think I have settled on Artist Palette Yarns - Smoothie Sock.  A charcoal and dark violet/grey non pooling mix. 75% Superwash Merino 25% Nylon 425m.

But there is Clan from Yarn Yard, shade 1664 or shade 1675.  100% merino,  210m.

or Toddy, shade 1683.  75% merino 25% nylon 420m.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...