Thursday, 29 July 2010

Book - Lace and Eyelet Stitches


I recently collected this book, Lace and Eyelet Stitches by Erika Knight, from the library.  Its been on order so long I'm not entirely sure why I ordered it.  Probably to make samples for this, or maybe to check out if it was a worthy reference book.

Anyway, a quick glance through revealed some lovely patterns including:-

cable and lace check (pg 51)
crowns (pg 56)
meandering cables with eyelets (pg 66)
snow shoe pattern (pg 154)
wave stitch (pg119)

Of course I did have the insane idea of doing a knitting sampler back in January...

Oh! and whilst looking for some photos to show these lace and eyelet samples I came across the errata document for the book.... Its not something I do automatically when I have pattern book, but its probably good practice to check on the publishers sites for errors...

Debbie Bliss (although they're called Pattern Revisions)
Claire Montgomerie (again called Revisions)
Erika Knight
Mason-Dixon Knitting, here and here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...