Wednesday, 28 July 2010

rainbow cake

E has requested a rainbow cake for her birthday at the end of August.

After a look on Google Images and some debate, she has decided on:-

a plain vanilla sponge (thank goodness, I didn't fancy the multi coloured sponges)
blue icing (for a sky) with a rainbow flat on the cake (rather than standing up or reaching off the cake)
I think she wants a rectangle cake BUT I will have to clarify this as she has been quite adamant recently that birthday cakes are round...
I may add some marshmallow clouds...

I'm not sure how to do it though - colouring icing (I have done this on a small scale), cutting out and assembling rainbow (I'll need a template), which food colouring (Dr Oetker)?  In fact are food colourings safe?  Can I mix them, so I just need to buy 3?...

Mmmmm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...