Friday, 20 August 2010

knitting - another scarf

I am trying NOT to knit another shawl (unless someone wants one as a gift) as I don't wear them (apart from this...)

The type of scarf that I do like and do wear is very long and wide and very fine.  This was last years favourite (a bargain in the winter sales 2008)


I have been looking for a pattern that would give me a long scarf that can be doubled up around my neck and the end pulled through and for it to be a fine knit when flat but cosy when gathered up.

I came across this free Sublime pattern which seems to fit the bill...

apologises for the tiny photo...

The pattern measurements have it bigger than my scarf, I may do a swatch (gasp!) to see how light the stitch pattern is and how many stitches I need to cast on to get my 45cm width.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...