Saturday, 16 October 2010

Knitting - Balustrade


Its a cowl, Balustrade from Neeka Knits.

Despite the clear instructions I found it quite difficult to knit but I think its my inexperience at 'reading' my knitting.  Its made up of three sections - lace ladders and diamonds.  Messed it up several times and ripped it back - all 210 stitches in the round... so its wonky (but then alot of my knitting is).

There is nothing more satisfying when knitting lace than when you can finish the row with the right number of stitches... and nothing more soul destroying when you run out of stitches...

I also modified the cast on edge - missed off the second section of the lace ladders and did a straight edge bind off.

I think I will block it, I'll have to practice how to wear it.  So far its ok when I'm in front of a mirror but I need to practice doing it 'blind'...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...