Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Knitting - ideas

I've never really knitted myself a garment except a shrug which I don't really like (too short).

I used to think its because I don't 'do' knitwear, which is true to an extent, although recently I have been quite taken with asymmetrical cardigans...

I'm also put off by the cost and perhaps by the sheer size of an adult garment - maybe I would be less apprehensive if I were a size 8!

Anyway, after looking through my American knitting magazines (lots more pattern choice than UK ones) I made a little photofit of possible garments...


I tried to stick to ones I could do and would wear (even if it was just in the privacy of my own home!) and try not to get tempted by anything too frivolous... or the bazillion patterns on Ravelry.

Although I think this would be a better representation of my colour choices...


Although I like the construction of the green jumper it may be a bit shapeless on.  I'm already going off the lacy arm shrug...  I do like the hoodie but I'll have to investigate further if it fastens...  The grey cardi is ok.  Done in wool it would be very cosy...

Although I am taken with this cardigan on Knitty, which I have been eyeing up for a while.  Its maybe not the best first adult garment and I may have just been seduced by the colour...

Or maybe I should just do this basic sweater... (Ravelry link).

Mmmmmm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...