Saturday, 6 November 2010

Sewing - Bag

I'm looking for a new bag.  Previous everyday bags have been messenger style - across the body straps.  Its handy having my hands free. But I've not found one that suits - good colour, sturdy and doesn't cost alot!  It also needs to be winter proof... or at least not look silly with my coat.

I am considering another attempt at a felted messenger bag - my first attempt turned out abit different than anticipated (given that I my wool was too big and then I ran out before the end!)

But then I saw this Lickety Split bag on Made by Rae (there is also a Flickr pool here) which looks really good but not at all what I was looking for! Am I mad to think I could handsew a (large) bag?  I could get access to a sewing machine but I would have to relearn how to use it which isn't something that interests me...

Mmmmm.

I would need 2 fabrics (the bag is reversible - although maybe not with my handsewing!)  I've seen these lovely (colourful) fabrics at Backstitch by Erin McMorris and here and Valori Wells.

I daren't look anymore... so much choice...

2 comments:

indigocarole said...

Fiona, if you go to this link, you'll find a free pattern for a very similar bag.
http://verypurpleperson.com/tutorials
If you want a weatherproof bag, Dunelm Mill have some lovely spotty PVC coated cotton, though it wouldn't do for this pattern obviously. Have fun.

Fiona said...

thanks Carole! Some more great links. I especially like the tutorial on an organiser wallet at http://www.sewnews.com/articles/Made_to_Order_Organizer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...