Monday, 31 January 2011

calendar challenge - January 2011



Overall I'm happy!  Its very messy and there were a few times when I did want to bin it and start again.  Like at this point...



I couldn't find a snowflake stamp, so used a doily edge as a stencil.  Which looked ok but not great.  I then foolish started stippling/stamping the white paint on the page and then using my fingers and before I knew it I was splattering paint and it all got a bit messy.

I like the splatter effect (I will use that again) and I like the doily more (compared to the blotchy bits!)

I looked through Four Year Olds sticker collection and added some to the page... and then some glitter.  I think the whole page would benefit from some kind of 'wash' to make it 'blend' a bit better... and keep the stickers stuck down!

13 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, this is really striking - love the monochrome :-) Well done for keeping up. Looking forward to seeing February x

Poppit said...

I looooove the black and white - looks amazing!

sandra de said...

The monochromatic look is cool ... sometimes you just have to try different things all part of the process.

Sam said...

I don't think its messy...its free! Love the black and white and all the paint splattering! x

Carol Q said...

wonderfully cold looking pages

Kat said...

love that you have gone black & white,
very nice jan page,
look forward to seeing more,
Kat.

Anesha said...

The Monochrome really works!!

Steph said...

I really like the monochrome

Juls said...

Love the Monochrom look to you January page! Hugs Juls

Laura said...

You know what I like the best? That alllll of the pages are not journaled on, and yet you kept going! I am such an all or nothing person that I end up giving up many times for that reason. I really liked that you pushed through, also. I am making myself make more projects and I'm realizing that the only way to learn is to keep at it. Really nicely done!

Piddawinkle said...

that is lush, love the black and white and the fact you havent written on every square, I really struggled to think of interesting things in my day to day life, and the doily work is fab, Siobhan

She said...

What fantastic pages. S x

Anneke (An) Wijers said...

The monochrome pages are very cool!!! ;-)
Great january page!
Greetings Anneke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...