Monday, 21 February 2011

knitting - cardigan


Started Four Year Old's cardigan on the 15th February.

I'm doing Little Miss Greenjeans.  Its knitted top down and is seamless.  It has a cable rib - my first time cabling.  I did it without a needle.  It is explained in the pattern and there are lots of videos on youtube too.  The precise process obviously depends on the type of cable.

I'm really enjoying knitting it - its not endless stocking stitch, I feel like I'm knitting a garment and not bits of a garment, also Four Year Old is being VERY accommodating.  She is trying it on and letting me measure her.  Easy when its top down too.  Despite knitting the 6 year old size I'm lengthening the arms and the back.  Although I'm not sure I've lengthened the back enough...

She is being a little demanding - requesting 2 buttons (the pattern specifically has one) and now pockets....

I'll maybe manage 2 buttons but I'll have to say no to the pockets - the rib and cable is too deep.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...