Thursday, 31 March 2011

calendar challenge - March 2011


My March page for Calendar Challenge.

This was quite an involved page.  I used orange and red fabric paints watered down and painted over the page. I put a bubble wrap print onto it in the same colours. I added yellow and green painted squares then did a black bubble wrap print on top (seen here).  I couldn't see my writing on top of the black (d-oh!).  As a quick fix I used white sticky labels cut with pinking shears and dabbed green and orange and red watercolour paint on top to blend it in.  I then surrounded the zig zag with some black pen.  Doodles were added throughout the month.

A linky to other pages by other participants will appear at The Kathryn Wheel.

18 comments:

Kat said...

love your page,
VOMIT day (how funny) not that you were sick,but that you wrote it on your page,
hope you are well now,
Kat.

Laura said...

Love your March page, i really like the zig zag edges and the doodling and the bubble wrap texture is fab xx

Karen said...

ooooo this is fantastic! I am loving all your doodling!!! xxx

Nicks said...

your pages are fantastic! sorry about the rain and vomit though!

Poppit said...

rain, rain, vomit! Not a great month! Hee hee. Your page is so full of life - love it!

Sandra Hall said...

Wow - there's a lot of life in these pages - even if they do consist of rain and vomit! A great job :D x

Steph said...

Love your pages and doodles great way to journal x

Carol Q said...

Great page - ROFL - your vomit day really stands out

Piddawinkle said...

love ur page espeicailly the one word days, evocative, LOL... Siobhan

thekathrynwheel said...

Great! I love the 'busy-ness' of your page very much. Wonderful doodling too. Well down for keeping up with the challenge so far x

sandra de said...

such a fun journal I did have a few giggles reading your page. Looks brill.

chrisg said...

Fabulous page - love your doodles and simple one words (unlike me who CANT condense if i tried!!) LOL

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome March with all of the color and those fabulous doodles! Hugs, Terri

flutterbycrafter said...

Great page, love, love the doodling, made me laugh

Kimberly Gruber said...

Your pages are fantastic. I really love your transparency! Like 'no money' 'vomit day' You are funny and very talented!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Great artwork, adore your doodling :]

Sam said...

Fantastic page, love all the doodling x

Anneke (An) Wijers said...

Great pages, i like the background
and the doodling.
Greetings, Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...