Friday, 1 April 2011

calendar challenge - April 2011


My April page for Calendar Challenge

Mmmmm this page is NOT how I expected it to be.  Which is strange given that I did it...

I started using this page which I created last year for another project.



I then added my squares and started doodling in and around the pebble shapes... I used Four Year Olds stamps to stamp around the shapes (I like the washed out effect on top of the handmade paper) . 

But then I added a red love heart for Karen's wedding and felt compelled to add some more colour including around the edges... before adding a large APRIL rectangle which will no doubt be doodled on during the month. 

The band of blue squares mark the Easter holidays. 

This was all done over a month with no plan or end vision.  I'm not sure how it will look at the end of April...

A linky to pages by other participants will appear at The Kathryn Wheel.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love your April page, ekkkkk ive just noticed its mothers day this sunday !!!! ahhhhhhh best go make a card

Erika said...

Love all your doodling Fiona. I quite often start with one thing in mind only to find it turns into something completely different.
Happy crafting, Erika.

Poppit said...

Love that it's just 'evolved' - the best sort of art for a journal page, right?! P.s love your photos on your other posts, such a varied and interesting blog. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...