Saturday, 11 June 2011

celebrity moment... bare with me

Whilst on Ravelry searching yet again for top down cardigans I did a wee search for a bolero.  I have one which I wear often and I've tried before to knit one but haven't managed to get a good fit, feeling a little more confident in my abilities I think I will give it another go (especially as I can't find one I would like to buy).

So I found a pattern to buy, Lemongrass by Stephanie Japel.  Its not quite like the one I have but it looks interesting to knit and looks nice both open and closed.  A further search for a yarn to knit it with led me to the Drops website - a yarn brand I have used before and one I think we should investigate further for The Woolly Brew yarn store (more on that later).

Back to Ravelry to read what others think of the yarn Nepal, I decided to have a look at other peoples projects to look at the colours and reviews etc.  Apparently it has very good stitch definition!

Anyway back to the designers website and Drops to find out about yardage and how much I would need to buy... I notice Stephanie has a free stuff link.  Saving for my iPad I decided to take a wee look.

Therapi - a long open cardigan - caught my eye.  Its similar to one I bought last year but never liked - too tight across the back and it bobbled as soon as I looked at it...

So back to Ravelry to check out its projects and read reviews and advice etc and one stood out - bright pink!  Not my colour to wear but I like to look at it...

The notes left by the knitter were amusing and a word of warning given she knitted the XS and I would be the XL at least...  And it looked good on her and she looked familiar....

I clicked through to her profile page and I vaguely recognised the name... quick google and its Astrid from Fringe!

I maybe need to step away from the Internet...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...