Thursday, 28 July 2011

knitting - cardigan

We've started  a Work In Progress Wednesday post on The Woolly Brew website.  Which means I haven't been updating my knitting so much on here...

So for completeness (and since my cardigan saga has been going on for nearly a year...) I'll update here too...

This is what my Peggy Sue (by Linda Wilgus, aka Woolly Mammoth) looked like this last week...



and this is what it looks like this week...



I have done more stocking stitch rows - I think I need to do another 6 or so before I get to the cable ribbing...

I still haven't tried it on (needles too short) although another Raveller who is doing the Knit ALong suggested I put some stitches onto another circular needle.  This sounds so much easier than putting them on a piece of waste yarn....

and it is BLACK not charcoal or navy... or whatever colour the monitor shows it as!  

I am enjoying knitting it and I do feel excited by the possibility of knitting my own cardigans etc - and I'm learning to look at what will suit me and my lifestyle and not be seduced by the bazillion patterns I see on Ravelry.  I especially liked this (lengthy) article on Knitty about knitting your own garments...But Will it Fit? by Jenna Wilson

I am a bit concerned that the cotton/linen blend will not work for this cardigan - too loose and drapey, although I am confident (!!??!?!?) that my gauge is ok (I went down half a size).

I'm already planning my next garment project...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...