Monday, 8 January 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday follow up

I've looked through some of the great herringbone photos in the Take a Stitch Tuesday Flickr group and as expected I've now got a new list of things to try...

* circles as seen here by snowprincipessa and here by Patricia T
* bands of wavy lines - like a landscape like this and this by cramzy
* stitching over holes, inspired by this by Hilmet
* use it to anchor fabrics e.g. scrim - like this one here by Allison Aller
* beads

(I hope I've done the links ok and I'm not stealing bandwidth or infringing copyright!)

I've also been considering how to include other design challenges into the stitch challenge. For example:-

* use a monochrome, analogous, complementary, split complementary, triadic or tetradic colour schemes. It appeals to my scientific side!
* try and convey the seasons or emotions with colour and the stitch
* try and represent an object or scene with one stitch
* stitch on a white background and then on a black background
* use a non fabric background...paper, plastic, wood, metal

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Hello again Just read youre doing city and guilds, where are you going for this???? I did it up at Lauder College Dunfermline 3 years ago when one did it in two parts ~ I did part one and then they stopped running the course when I was going onto part two :(
I did the black and white theme and incorporated all my stitching into a wall hanging!! I loved the course and hope youre enjoying yourself as well all though it is really challenging ~ will drop by again ~ Jude xx

Fiona said...

I WAS doing the certificate in Dundee (I'm in East Neuk) . The course finished in May 2006 but I didn't! I was pregnant and very very very uncreative for most of 2006. Hoping to get going again now before my C&G reg runs out in Aug. However I'm not working on ANY of those projects at mo! Thanks for your supportive comments. New to blogging but loving it! Love your work and blog! Will post this there too...if that makes sense!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...