Saturday, 7 March 2009

Sea Queen Day - a to do list

There is an annual gala day in our village. My Tuesday night Stitching Group has a stall and we sell knitted and stitched items for a local cause. Last year I made some skinny scarfs with ladder yarn and some cards. This year I'm feeling a little bit more confident in my knitting and I think I may attempt some baby cardigans...

so here is my provisional list of projects with suggested stashed yarn in brackets (I do NOT want to buy any more yarn!)

  • Mittens by Zoe Mellor in Adorable Knits for Tots (Sirdar Snuggly, 4 colours available)
  • Ragdoll by Debbie Bliss in Essential Kids (various... need to find some flesh colours...) or some other toys... I do have a pattern book from Jess Hutchison which I may be able to attempt, now I can use double pins...
  • Baby Shrug by Debbie Bliss in Prima (Sirdar Country DK, left over from Toddler Girls bolero)
  • Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss in Prima (probably the Sirdar Country DK too... there is a lot of it!)
  • Baby Hat like the one at Debbie Bodmer (I have some aran weight cotton)
  • Tea cosy like this one at Cast On Cast Off (no sure yet)



So far I have done a hat. Its knitted on double pins and didn't take too long, it was quite fiddly...

and one mitten. This was quite fiddly too but I'm very impressed I managed it. I have finally mastered M1...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...