Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Knitting - Blue Cone 1


I 'acquired' this mystery cone of blue wool several weeks ago. There is a lot of it.

I think it is 2 ply in thickness and is a little bit rough. I think it is a wool mix (perhaps some nylon?).

I do have some 4ply patterns in mind, but I need more info!

I rolled some balls and started some swatches. I don't normally gauge my gauge (I think I'm a loose knitter, so I just go down 0.5mm in needle size) but I think this will be an interesting experiment.

So, using one strand and 2.75mm needles I cast on 30 stitches...

garter stitch

stocking stitch

Its a lovely colour and the 'fabric' is quite open. Not at all dense.

Next steps:-
  1. measure, wash, measure again
  2. knit more swatches using slightly larger needles, maybe 3.25mm needles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...