Friday, 10 April 2009

Knitting - a tale of two socks

After seeing me knitting my second Noro sock (yes, I am still knitting the 2nd sock...) Toddler Girl asked me to knit her one. Or rather, I promised I would knit her a pair if she gave me back my sock...

I'm using Pitter Patter by Jacqueline Ziegler at luusmeitli knits & crochet.

The first one knitted up quickly, I did it by just reading the pattern and I'm not very happy with it. Its very baggy and there are lots of mistakes in the short row heel (I'm still very fuzzy on the s1yb and s1yf). So I quickly started the 2nd one, using the Silver's Sock Tutorial and a knitting book to make it better.

What a difference! The short row heel is still abit messy, I might be mixing up my yf and yb or maybe not keeping the yarn taut. Anyway I will have to knit a third sock as these two are too different, even for a Toddler...


Both these socks are knitted using Sirdar Snuggly and I used 3.75mm 5" double pins. The only difference is the sock on the left was casted on over two needles. The one on the right is casted on over one needle. I'm shocked at the difference in width.

Hopefully I can knit a third one that matches the right one...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...