Sunday, 27 September 2009

Beginning Embroidery

I have finished my piece for Susan Sorrell's Beginning Embroidery class on Joggles.

I started smallish, attempted to go bigger but ended up 6"x4" again!

I entered this piece into Fife Art Exhibition which opens on Saturday 3rd October.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this piece, it hasn't quite worked out how I envisaged , I think I wanted it bigger with more negative space... or maybe smaller with more stitching and texture.

I didn't really put much thought into the design, I just doodled, so that probably why I'm a bit ambivalent about it.

I did stretch it over a box canvas so that is a bit different for me.

Anyhoo, at least I completed something!




This is my favourite detail...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...