Saturday, 30 June 2007

satin stitch sample

Take a Stitch Tuesday, week 22 - satin stitch.

For this sample I wanted to use the pile of white fibres I have ready and waiting for my Black & White Fabric Journal (yes that IS still an active project).

I've also been clearing out some of my unfinished and "finished but unhappy with it" pieces, and came across some sketchbooks I had made.

I decided I would like them better if I used the hand stitched covers for something else (ATC collection?) and reuse the pages.

So the white fibres are satin stitched onto watercolour paper, I added some pencil shading at the end. I'm pleased with the result. Its not a full exploration of satin stitch but it looks effective as a sampler of my white fibres.

I'm pleased with the composition too, as it just evolved. I especially like the rubbed out pebbles at the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice sample. There's a lot of mileage in this idea........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...