Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Exhibition 2008 - Through Miller Terrace (3)

I've started stitching the grid pattern for this piece but I think its going to be too small to stitch clearly. I want the buildings to be easily identified and so far I just can't get that detail onto the fabric. I thought I was using 28 count evenweave but its actually 32 count and I don't want to go any finer (my poor eyes!) I think the problem lies in transferring the design to the fabric... The drawing looks better which makes me think that I shouldn't bother trying to represent it in stitch...

I will have another go - a more freestyle approach (which suits my style better - if I try and follow a pattern it generally doesn't work out as I get too uptight), however I might not get the crisp graphic/draughtsman style lines I want.

I'm also going to start work on a more abstract composition using the flipped design.

This would be 12" x 8" in size.

I have taken some photos of the view as planned. However there hasn't been much variation in the gloom so far this month, so I may carry this on into March (and April!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...