Sunday, 22 June 2008

Shingle Study 2

I'm calling these shingle studies but its really all about the shape of the dark grey stones that I found on the beach. Maybe think up a better name for them...

I've finished both. This is the more embellished beige one..


Obviously, it main change as I haven't framed it yet. But I think I'm happy with it...

The designs on the pebbles are inspired by this design work that I did for my first City & Guilds assessment piece - Sky, Sea and Shingle.


In turn these were inspired by a spread in The Art of Looking a Sideways.

I think this a great example of how a good sketchbook and exploration of design ideas will reap rewards far longer than the life span of the original project. I first started the sketchbook in 2004.

I also photographed the back of this piece...


I have finished the Black & White Shingle Study but I don't have a photo yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...