I'm behind schedule again with Take a Stitch Tuesday - about 3 weeks behind! I still have cross stitch, barred chain and a buttonhole variant to do.
This unfinished cross stitch sampler has been lying about for a while and is/was an exercise in colour theory for my C&G Certificate. I got the idea from the Caron Collection website.
I started my stitchery adventures doing cross stitch. The 'granny' type - following charts, colour codes and fabric types to produce pleasing pictures. Some even surprised me in their effectiveness.
There are some lovely ungranny like designs and colours now. This is part of a birth sampler kit. The motifs are stitched on plastic canvas before being cut out and hung on washing line.
As soon as I didn't need to stitch to relax I stopped doing cross stitch and became more freeform. Still kit based in the begining as I didn't have the right materials.
This one is by Rowandean. With a few beaded embellishments....
I then took a course and produced this...
I then bought a book and produced this.
And then the fun really started!




2 comments:
I know lots of people such as yourself who started out with X stitch kits and then moved on. My proper journey started with a machine knitting C&G course would you believe!
Excuse me, but the first sample is not cross stitch at all - this is petit point, there is no crosses in it.
Post a Comment