I've signed up for an ATC swap with my City & Guilds textile group on Yahoo. I need to have them ready for posting on 4th May. I'm not sure how many I need to make yet as it depends on how many of the group sign up. I would like to have a theme. Ideas I've considered:-
* trees. I'm really taken by branches and tree structures and shapes at the moment.
* Baby Girl's stuff. I've been taking some photos of her clothes and toys. There are some lovely stitch ideas (e.g. reverse applique with a ribbon embroidery outline).
* photo manipulation and fabric transfer printing.
However the idea I think I will go with involves the stitch samples I've done for Take a Stitch Tuesday. I want to take my favourite use of the stitch and use it in an ATC. Or maybe I should try a fresh idea with the stitch (inspired by the other participants). I would have a common colour scheme (hopefully not black and white) to unify the set.
Since many of the swap participants read this blog I won't say anymore on. I'll post photos in mid May!
No comments:
Post a Comment