Thursday, 8 February 2007

My new workspace

I used to have a space where I could store my stitchery stuff and a large (dining) table on which to scatter it. But since before Baby Girl was born my stuff has been packed away in boxes in the bedroom, with bits and bods taken out as and when needed. But I need a space again, just a small one, to scatter my stuff. There is a space under the eaves where I could fit a small desk and a shelf. So I'd have a dedicated work space to escape to...


So... after a quick trip to Ikea (yes really - only 2.5 hours!) I am now the proud owner of a desk (with slide out shelf for laptop), a cork notice board, a lamp and a shelf. I'm going to use an old drawer storage unit to store my fabrics and papers and an old metal storage unit already houses my beads and sequins. All for under £25!

Now I just need to build it....

2 comments:

English Rose said...

well done hon, having a bit of space somewhere to leave things out is SOO important. I am really lucky here to have a huge amount of space, and am planning a trip to IKEA - yes even here in kuwait, to get a table top. I have some trestle bases, but need a table to do painting and dyeing on, away from my sewing stuff which is always left out, cos I'm messy!

EAST said...

Its always hard to believe that one small person needs so much room isn't it? To be honest, you having your own space isn't going to make a lot of difference to your work - its already brilliant. Although like 'english rose' says, somewhere to leave things out is really good.
That hand must have taken you forever, and I've looked and looked and I can't spot the patterning mistake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...