Thursday, 26 July 2007

Sumptuous Surfaces - the first stitches!

and there has been a few changes!

I'm using an antique white 28 count linen (type) fabric.

I used a Perle No 8 for the path and sky in a cream colour. I tried the charcoal stranded cotton and it didn't look right, too dark and imposing. I then used a very pale grey Perle No. 8 for the wall (I used a dark grey cotton thread under this). I've started the white stranded cotton for the buildings.

I think things are progressing well and I hope to get this first level of stitching finished at the weekend. I can then move onto the bushes. For inspiration I took some photos of the actual bushes.



Since this piece is in monotone I need to rely on texture....

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kentish Maid said...

Looking good - can't wait to see the next steps!

Anonymous said...

Fiona, it's beautiful! I can't wait to see it as it develops more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...