Monday, 9 July 2007

wheatear sample

Take a Stitch Tuesday, week 23 - wheatear stitch. I used the scraps of fabric leftover from my recent ATC to create a sunset effect. It took a while before I loosened up and the stitch started to evolve, so there are many 'straight' wheatears before the 'interesting' ones showed up:-

* I like the layered effect on the left hand side, thick and thin threads slightly overlapping
* the super thin wheatears, achieved by using the same hole for the ears and the chain
* the angular wheatears at the far right are my favourite and definitely warrant further exploration.
* I also like the wheatears layered over the frayed fabric (right off center)

not the sunset effect I first imagined but a decent (and quick) exploration

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very nice work with the wheatear stitch. I love the variety in the stitching and thread thickness. The background is beautiful.

Dianne said...

This is cool - I love this one. (Saw it first on FlickR)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...