Sunday, 8 July 2007

where has the week gone?

the materials list for Sumptuous Surfaces has arrived. Sharon wants us to work in monotone for the first three lessons and suggests cream, white, bone and natural muted tones. I don't have a great supply of these, certainly not a variety of threads, probably because I'm not drawn to these colours. I do have a selection of black and white fibres (not much grey though...) which may be appropriate. But I'm wondering...how much black and white can I take! Maybe I should use this class to challenge my beige prejudice....

I'll wait until the lesson arrives and see how it goes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Challenges with your most difficult color can be revealing. I've been on a challenge for the last three years with orange/peach color. I am finally realizing it makes my favorite blue pop, and I actually don't loathe it now! I am making things using the color and I even have the color in my flowers. I draw the line at decorating my house with it though! Try the beige, it's worth the effort to understand what you don't like and why and how you can accept that color! I highly recommend it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...